Production Team Member
Position Summary: Assumes responsibilities for all sales activity and is the primary contact for assigned customers. The selected candidate will proactively conduct regular contact with purchasing and other key leaders relative to relationship development. Will actively prospect new business/customer opportunities and will manage the existing portfolio of business. Assists in establishing, developing and executing sales strategies. Plans and develops sales forecasts for respective customers. Responsible for ensuring a team effort to meet our corporate objective of “delighting the customer.”
Preferred Education, Experience, and Personal Traits:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field plus several years sales experience.
- Establishes, develops and executes customers’ strategies.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and motivate other team members to meet corporate sales objectives.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills.
- Excels in written and verbal communication.
- Experience in negotiating business awards and other related daily business activity.
- Proven track record leading strategic teams in the pursuit of new business and/or customer development.
- Proven track record with considerable experience managing multiple customers or programs.
- Plastics injection molding experience preferred but not required.
- Performs other duties in the support of departmental goals and objectives.
- May supervise and/or provide work direction to other team members.
- Travel required, some overnights.
- Preferred computer skills – understanding of Plex and Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Work is highly technical and complex in nature and requires broad business knowledge. Requires independent problem solving and decision making with only very broad direction given on specific assignments. Exercises wide latitude in determining specific project objectives and approaches to assignments. Decisions and actions have major impact on the organization’s long term success. This a leadership role (no direct reports), responsible for providing strategic vision and direction for customer and business development.
- Primary function is to develop new sales opportunities; this will be accomplished through developing and executing strategic plans for existing customers and actively prospecting for new customers by developing target pursuit plans. Target pursuit plans will require you to develop business contacts through multiple methods, such as LinkedIn, internal departmental leads (i.e. purchasing, engineering, etc.), through our web site or other methods.
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships with purchasing, engineering, VA/VE teams and other departments to assist in the development of new business opportunities or other strategic initiatives.
- Will provide strategic leadership to all internal functional groups interacting with your assigned customers. Responsible to verify team members are clear on your customer strategies and understand the goals you’ve set for new business and other strategic initiatives.
- Coordinates development work between sales and engineering functions with assigned customers.
- Supports cost-estimating, engineering, purchasing and other required functions to verify clarity on customer RFQ requirements. Responsible to follow-up with the customer on questions from team members so each department has the necessary information to respond on time to meet customer expectations. Coordinate with cost estimating to verify submission timing meets customer requirements and is responsible to submit quotations on Pliant’s behalf and answer all customer questions.
- Coordinate with cost-estimating to develop annual sales forecasts for assigned accounts.
- Maintain relations with assigned customers to assure customer needs are delighted by Pliant!
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as assigned by the supervisor.
Work Environment: Open office and light industrial environment, air-conditioned, occasional moderate noise, customer site visits, driving, production and machine shop exposure.
Core Values: Teamwork, Trustworthy, Respectful, Positive Attitude, and Meta Performance. All Pliant associates are required to model these core values in all areas of communication and performance on a consistent basis.
Browse our open positions and let us know if you are a good fit. We’d love to connect to review your resume and get to know you better.
401k Matching, Flexible schedules, Paid time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD (Short Term Disability), LTD (Long Term Disability), HSA(Health Saving Account), FSA (Flexible Savings Account), HDHP(High Deductible Health Plans), Life insurance, Accidental Insurance and Critical illness insurance, Employee Assistance Programs, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, and Individual Development Programs.
Join the Pliant Plastics Family
Discover a gratifying career through our people-first approach. Pliant could be the perfect fit for you!
Over the past 54 years, Pliant has prioritized building a culture of respect, openness, and teamwork. We empower people to share ideas, communicate openly, develop their skills, and grow in their roles. We believe that when people are engaged, learning, and treated with appreciation and care, they do their best work. And that belief has created an extraordinary culture and a thriving team.